Check out the excess baggage FAQs to help you on your way.
If you've packed one suitcase too many for a holiday or you have to send items abroad that are too large or difficult to transport yourself such as a set of golf clubs or a surfboard, our excess baggage service is all you need. Whatever the item, we can collect and deliver it, door-to-door, all over the world. Get a free online quote now and see how much you could save.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Our Baggage Shipping Service
30 second quick quote
• Firstly decide what you are sending: is it personal effects such as boxes, bags or suitcases or household items like furniture?
• Secondly enter the location from where you are sending: country, town/city or postcode, and to where you’re sending: country, town/city or postcode?
• Thirdly select what you want to send from our drop-down list.
Once you get the quote you can view our services with our clear and transparent pricing by air or sea and no hidden charges.
Deliver FREE empty packing boxes
• Once you have placed your order, you can arrange a delivery of FREE boxes, bubble wrap and tape. Our boxes are specially designed to withstand long journeys - don’t take any risks with your possessions.
• We give you a few extra boxes to make sure you have enough, just hand them back if you don't use them. You can also complete your shipping documentation online. The night before your booked delivery, we send you a delivery time.
Collect full packed boxes (and any not used)
• You can book the collection online or give us a call if you have any questions.
• Like the delivery, a collection time is sent to you the night before your booked collection day. Please have your boxes taped up with the job number on each box, bag or suitcase ready at the door.
• Please let us know if you need to delay shipping, you have 2 weeks’ free storage with this service.
Shipping & transport
• If you are using our sea service, we use our own containers – so no sharing with other companies. You can also track your sea shipment online. If you are using our air service, then your shipment is sent as part of our own large air console.
• All items are sent within Seven Seas Worldwide network: one group of companies (owned by the founders of Seven Seas Worldwide) from start to finish; same processes, same people with no franchisee and no agents.
• If plans change we can store your shipment until you need it or redirect to a different address.
Inspection and clearance
• We clear your shipment through the relevant customs departments and any environmental authorities. All charges are as you were originally quoted with no surprises.
• Once cleared, your shipment will be moved within our national network to our depot closest to your address.
Deliver full boxes to your address
• You can arrange the delivery online or we will contact you directly. Once again the scheduled time of delivery will be sent to you the night before.
• Delivery by our drivers in our vans to your address.
Note: if your area is outside the operational coverage then we will have to use one of our partner companies and we may be unable to provide a scheduled time but you will be informed of this on your quote.
Now you’re on your hands and knees with your suitcase open, looking desperately for something heavy that can be put into your hand luggage or fashioned into something you could wear on the airplane. But it doesn’t have to be like this.
With Seven Seas Worldwide’s baggage shipping service, we can collect and deliver your excess baggage for you. We’re world leaders when it comes to unaccompanied baggage so take a look at our menu on the left and see what we can do for you.
If you've packed one suitcase too many or you have to send items abroad that can't be packed like a set of golf clubs or a surfboard or an ornamental statue of your favourite member of One Direction, our excess baggage service is all you need. Whatever the item, we can collect and deliver it, door-to-door, all over the world. Get a free online quote now and see how much you could save.
Oh and don't forget to look at our baggage insurance options. We're a great company, you know, absolutely terrific - don't take our word for it, read the authentic voice of our customers on Trust Pilot - it's just that sometimes things happen on the seas that are out of our control.