Things you need to know when shipping to Malaysia
You will need to log into your account in order to complete our online documentation which includes:
- Inventory, recording the contents of your shipment;
- Insurance to protect your shipment in case of mishap.
You will need to upload scans of your passport - the picture page, the signature page and if applicable, a copy of your visa, at the final stage of the process.
There are helpful pointers all throughout but you must be completely accurate with the information you enter as these forms will be presented to the authorities at the destination.
Importing your personal effects and household items
Your shipment of personal effects and household items can be imported duty-free if:
- You must be the owner of the personal effects and household items.
- You must have owned and been in possessions of the items for a period greater than 6 months.
- You must be present in Malaysia when your shipment arrives.
You may be asked to provide your original passport and other relevant documents if requested by Malaysian customs authority, otherwise all items will be subject to tax and duty. For example:
- For returning Malaysians:
a . Copy of identity card, both the front and the back.
- For non-Malaysian citizens:
a. Copy of work permit or letter of employment confirming employment in Malaysia.
b. Copy of visa.
We aim to make importing into Malaysia as easy as possible. See our comprehensive list of items you cannot send to Malaysia along with any service orientated restrictions.
This page was last updated on 1st July 2021.